Thursday, June 10, 2021

Where to Shop for Summer Dresses!

    
   With summer just around the corner, I'm in search of dresses that fit the season. When I shop for dress, I shop for what I can see myself wearing years down the line. So, I want to make sure it's something I'll like even during the next season. With dresses though, you honestly can't go wrong. It's so easy to wear and you only have to make but so many decisions because it replaces a shirt and pants. 

    If there's one style of dress that I can wear to just about anything, it'd be a midi or maxi dress. Not only are they versatile (style-wise) but they seem to always give the vibe of being dressed up. Just add some heels if you want to go all out! But lately, I've been having a hard time finding great dresses for a decent price. Am I the only one? I figured I’d share some of my favorite spots to browse for them. But here’s the deal, you have to comment down below your favorite places to dress shop! I’d love to hear it.

   

     1. Francescas

    I'll start off with sharing that some of my favorite summer dress finds have been at Francescas. I love that they have such loose materials and the patterns seem to compliment the season of summer so well. The only thing I'm not loving about some of their dresses is that majority of them are spaghetti strap of have a low neck line. I'm not a huge fan of that style so I typically don't go for those. But, if you are, then you'll love it! Occasionally though, I do find some good picks, like this floral maxi dress I'm wearing in the picture above. 

 

2. H&M

    I'm definitely bias here because I go to H&M for basically any wardrobe need. But that's a testament to how great this store it. Some of my go-to summer dresses are from H&M. A material I've been loving from them is viscose. It's such a lightweight material that is absolutely versatile too. You can dress it up or down. Stay tuned for a future blog post all about lightweight fabrics that will keep you cool during the hot summer months without needing to wear less clothes. 

3. Your Local Ross, Marshalls or TJ Maxx

    I feel like people often skip over these stores when shopping. One, because of how much time it takes to find something here. And, two, because of how overwhelming it can feel looking at all the clothes that aren't always organized. But if you go during the right time (mainly in the morning), you'll be sure to find something that you love. I always make sure to stop by during low traffic times to ensure that everything is still organized and that I have first pick of the selection. 

    A chiffon dress that I absolutely love was purchased from a Ross and I wore it the day my husband proposed to me. I am so glad that I not only made that purchase but decided to wear it that day because it would be a moment I'd remember forever. So, lesson is not to skip out on these discount stores! 

4. ASOS

    I used to have a thing against ASOS because I once received a summer skirt I absolutely did not like. It was completely see through. That being said, I'd triple check reviews and even utilize the video feature that some items have before you make your purchase. However, you can't deny the great deals they have and the range of clothing they produce & sell. You can find branded products and ASOS Brand products as well. And if you check on the right day, you might score a 20% or 25% off discount! I try and do my online shopping close to major holidays for this reason. 


      I’ve had my eye on a selection of dresses from here. These two in particular. If you’re om the lookout for dresses for special events, I’d suggest ASOS first. It might be tedious browsing through to find something you like and for me, something modest but cute. But, eventually you’ll find it! I try and take advantage of the search feature if I’m looking for something specific. Then I sort the results from “low to high”. This way I filter anything out of budget. 

5. Old Navy

   I honestly didn't really ever shop at Old Navy until recently. They have definitely improved their quality of products. Plus, any store that's tied to Banana Republic is one that is sure to catch my attention. I recently splurged and got a few items from here and noticed that they consistently have great deals!


    A few dresses from Old Navy that I've had my eye on are pictured above. They both have such a beautiful flowing look to them. I love the square neck trend I've been seeing lately. But I also love the tiered texture that the first dress has. And I think everyone needs a fun white dress in their closet. Just as they need a fun black one. I'm all for simple dresses and fun accessories. Either way, I'm sure you'll love having either of these in your closet. I would keep checking the Old Navy website for any sale opportunities. But, if you're tired of waiting, you can receive 25% just by signing up for their email alerts! Sweet right? 


     6. Cotton On

    Okay, this store is honestly a hit or miss. A few years back I purchased this BEAUTIFUL high low button up dress from them. And now it’s no where to be found. Not even the same style. But I still recommend them because if you are there at the right time, you’ll find something you love. 

     Another reason I recommend them is because if you are looking for something dressy but comfortable, their items fit the bill. I mean, who doesn’t love cotton? It’s such an easy fabric. I'll be honest, this season's dresses aren't exactly my pick of the crop, but I'd still check it out once in a while as you browse around for new finds. 


7. Target

   Don’t sleep on good ole’ Target. I’ve gotten a few summer dresses from them and still have them in my closet today. One in particular is a beautiful yellow ruffle sleeve midi dress. Similar to the pink dress pictured below. 

  
  
  But, I’ve also had my eyes on this high neck semi-maxi dress. It’s not sold in stores and it’s a bit on the pricey side, but I can tell it’s a hit. Typically, I like to keep my eye on products to see when they go on sale. However, with Target it’s different. They rarely have big sales and once an item sells out, you most likely won’t see it again. So, just be cautious about which items you get excited about. I’ve definitely been in the position where I’m keeping a close eye on a product and then it disappears. So disappointing!! 


    I hope you have found something you are interested in checking out as you’ve read. But also, don’t be afraid to share any places you love to look for summer dresses! Thanks as always for stopping by.  


Photos Taken by: @Lowlifelens

No comments:

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.