Saturday, May 1, 2021

Contrast or Clash? How to Color Pop



 Happy Saturday! What a beautiful day to go out and enjoy some sun while rocking a color pop fit. If you haven’t been out yet this week, I highly recommend it. 

   Today’s blog post focuses on how you can successfully add a pop of color in your outfit. Now, I don’t mean pairing a pastel purple patterned shirt with some jeans. I mean adding adding a neon-like piece into your outfit. We don’t want to overdue it, which explains the “pop”. The purpose of this style is to make your outfit attention grabbing which keeping it tasteful. Too little colors and it doesn’t meet the style. But, too many colors and you look a bit circus-like. The key portions of this style are:

  1. Adding a focal piece that all other items center around. In my outfit, my focal piece consists of this bright pink blouse (which you can find on my SHOP). I made sure to pick other pieces that didn’t overpower it, yet it didn’t dull down the outfit. 
  2. Choose bright colors to supplement the focal piece. For me, gold is the brightest neutral. So I opted tp use this color to enhance the bright color of the blouse. What are some fun colors you can think of in your closet?

The cool thing about color popping is that you can do this in just about any season of the year. I do it all the time in winter. My bright yellow J Crew coat is my favorite to throw over a dull outfit. Gives it just the color pop it needs. Check out my shop to find some cool pieces you can use to color pop! 






No comments:

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.