Thursday, October 21, 2021

My Thoughts on "Must See Places" around LA



    There are so many places in LA! One trip definitely doesn't suffice. Haven been there a few times, I still feel like there's a lot more to see. It may seem like a small area on the map but it's definitely saturated with must see spots. I'm doing something a little different here. Rather than telling you all the "must see places" around LA.. I'm rating them. I'm sharing my honest thoughts on some of the highly rated spots in and around Los Angeles. Here they are. Oh, and be sure to keep reading for details on where I purchased my outfits!

1. The Hollywood Sign

      I mean, it definitely lives up to the hype. Nothing screams "I'm in Hollywood!" than this sign. There are a few locations you can visit to get the right angle of the sign. However, my absolute favorite is tucked away in a residential neighborhood. During my first visit there, you were able to drive up past the residential area. However, now there seems to be a gate blocking any entry (besides park maintenance). We quickly parked alongside Deronda Drive and walked up to the entrance of the Hollywood Sign Trail. If you choose this route, I highly suggest you make it a quick visit because parking enforcement circles that neighborhood regularly and you definitely do not want a ticket. 

    The Hollywood sign is an easy "yes" as far a places to visit. Parking can and probably will be a challenge. But, you will appreciate it once you get there. 


2. Beverly Hills

   

 To expound on the notorious Weezer lyrics.. YES, this is where you want to be. Although, I'll be honest. Besides ritzy neighborhoods and high end stores, there's not much to see here. We did enjoy spending time at Beverly Garden Park. It was such a beautiful area with the cutest lily pad-filled pond and a huge sign letting you know that you were indeed in Beverly Hills. If you only had one area to stop at in Beverly Hills (for free), this is it! 

    However, if you're into fashion (like myself), you'll definitely want to stop by the Louis Vuitton Exhibit. It not only displays some of the brand's iconic pieces.. but it's FREE! Be sure to check out their website to see what the theme is for the time of your visit. All in all though, I'd say you could skip out on Beverly Hills. Especially if you're in the area for only a few days. 


3. The Getty Villa

    If you're into art.. I say go to the Getty Museum. However, if you're into history and landscape... then this is where it's at! Being an avid Bible reader, I'm often fascinated by Greek & Roman pieces that correlate to the time period that the Bible was written. This beautiful and massive villa is filled with them! You definitely need a good portion of the day to explore all of the pieces. And even then, you might not look at each of them in detail. 

    We enjoyed looking at the historic aspect of it, but can we just take a minute to admire the villa itself. This 64 acre museum is intertwined with lush gardens, beautiful stone tile flooring and gorgeous brick pillars. If you didn't know the name of this place, it'd be obvious it was a mansion. I was so torn between exploring the inside and the outside regions of the Villa for this reason alone. So, if you're anything like me and happen to be in the Malibu area of Cali.. I highly recommend you take a look at this lovely villa. 


4. Hollywood Boulevard


    Not even going to lie, it's not as glitz and glam as you'd imagine it to be. However, if you're into movies and celebrities (as I can be), then you'll appreciate this street. The street itself isn't that long too. The bulk of it is centered around the Chinese Theatre and Wax Museum. We did enjoy looking at all the stars on the floor as we walked through. However, there honestly wasn't much else to do. 

    If you really are into celebrities and movies, I'd say add it onto your itinerary, However, if you're like my husband and could care less.. then this might not be of much interest to you.



5. LACMA/ Urban Lights

     I'm really glad I got to see a lot of these places pre-Covid because this location was a bit of a disappointment the second time around. We came here the same day we arrived from the airport. I knew it would be a short visit, however it was really disappointing being there and seeing the change in structure behind the Urban Lights. If you know, you know. 

    This spot is definitely somewhere you stop by on your way to another location. It is literally a 30 minute stop even if you walk along La Brea Tar Pit Museum right beside it. Is it worth the visit? I'd say, it depends. If you're coming from Beverly Hills and are on your way to Hollywood, this might be a nice stop. Especially, when the lights are actually on. However, I'd say not to put too much emphasis on visiting unless you plan on also visiting LACMA; which is currently being re-constructed and is set to open back up in 2024.



6. The Huntington Botanical Gardens


    I'm not even going to try talking about the library and museum, because let's be honest.. we all go there for their lush gardens. Am I right? First of all, this is probably the BIGGEST garden I've ever been to. And we've been to many gardens. It's one of our favorite things to do as a couple.. garden hunt. We were so excited to come here. 

    Given that we went on a weekend day, our tickets were $29 per person. However, if you go on a weekday, tickets are $25 per person. If you go during the first week of the month, tickets are FREE (so long as you purchase your tickets before they sell out). We were so sad because we planned our visit for the second week in August (so close). However, the garden itself is so peaceful and serene. It really takes you out of the LA city life and reminds you of the beautiful natural gems you have around you. I'd say this was one of our favorite spots during our LA trip. So, I'd highly recommend.



7. Angeles Crest Highway

     

    Wow, just wow! I'm sure you can already guess my opinion of this "must see place". It was absolutely breathtaking and our #1 favorite spot during our entire LA Trip. I mean, THE VIEW! They are absolutely incredible. Although, as someone who is terribly afraid of heights, I was a little anxious as we increased in elevation. But, my darling husband drove and it helped ease my nerves just a little bit. We didn't drive the entire highway, but the bit that we did drive, was amazing. I don't have much to say except it definitely lives up to the hype.

    We took a stroll along this highway before our trip to Huntington. If you can, I'd suggest you do the same. It'll only heighten your appreciation for nature!



8. Griffith Observatory


    This is another location with a beautiful elevated drive. The building itself is architecturally eye-catching. However, what's inside the building is something you should check out at least once. I'm honestly not into space and science that much. But, when I learn about them, it always blows my mind. After all, it is another aspect of nature that catches your attention. Be aware that parking is ALWAYS HORRENDOUS. I have never been there and not fought over parking before. I'm only exaggerating, but wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I'd recommend either going before they open or later in the day once people begin leaving and freeing up parking spaces.

    It's honestly a spot you'd have to visit yourself to see if you like it. However, both times I've been there, I've found a new appreciation for it. You can also catch a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign from the sign of the building. 



    I hope you enjoyed this different side of my travel blog posts. I hope to do more in the coming weeks. Follow my IG to be updated on new posts and get sneak peeks of future content. And comment below your thoughts on some of LA's "must see" locations. Below are links to some of the things I wore during my trip. Have a lovely day everyone! Till next time.

No comments:

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.